Saturday, September 30, 2017

Same Design, Two Different Looks!

Happy Saturday! 

Hopefully you get some time to kick back and relax this weekend. I've got some scrap time planned. I can already feel my blood pressure lowering. . . . 

I've mentioned many times that I use sketches from Scrapbook Generation when I scrapbook. They help me plan my layouts as far as photo size and placement. I create the color scheme/theme and add my own personal touches. There is so much versatility when you use a sketch as the following two layouts demonstrate.




Disney Cruise Album 2016

This layout shows some of the candid photos we took on Formal Night. I knew I had a lot of vertical photos I wanted to display so I looked for a sketch that would showcase more vertical than horizontal photos. The original sketch called for a 4x6 journaling block, but in this layout the pictures spoke for themselves, so I swapped it out for another photo.



Spring 2012 Album

This is a layout I did in 2012 and shows all the fun Zach had with an empty diaper box. Why he was wearing a winter coat on the first warm day of spring, I don't know, but he was having a blast! I followed the sketch exactly and included the journaling block.


The two layouts have their own looks and personality, but they started from the same sketch. This is a huge time saver when you have lots of photos to scrap. Sometimes I find a sketch I like and use it multiples times in the same scrapping session - I just make sure any "copy cat" layouts don't end up in the same album!

Give it a try sometime! Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...