Thursday, April 16, 2020

We Love Candy


Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids, smarties, and other pure sugary goodness, but will still indulge in dark chocolate. Caleb is my chocolate guy, Alexis loves peanut butter cups, while Zach and Alyssia love anything sour. Although we have our own preferences in candy, we all agree on a really cool candy store - Mrs. Whizzy Fizz Popp's in Bolton Landing, NY.

The kids love the oversize Adirondack chair out front and it's become a tradition to take a picture of them sitting in it. I love taking similar pictures each year, but the challenge in scrapbooking is to create layouts that don't look the same every year. So far, this is my favorite candy store layout.



Scrapbooking Tips:
I created my own candy embellishments for this layout so I could match the paper I wanted to use. I have a lot of candy stickers, but they weren't large enough to fill the pink strip. So I pulled out my candy2share stamps, dies and inks from The Stamps of Life. I stamped the wrapper in licorice ink and then filled in the candy with guava, ocean and grape ink.


Although I loved being able to create custom embellishments for this layout, they looked a little dull. I added a clear dimensional glaze to the candy and then sprinkled some glitter on the glaze while it was still wet. I was really pleased with the finished result, although they did have to dry for a couple of hours before I could add them to my page. I used foam adhesive to attach them to the layout. 


candy2share

To check out these cool stamps visit The Stamps of Life: candy2share


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...