Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Stealing Mommy's Coffee



One of the aspects of scrapbooking I enjoy the most is capturing those little everyday moments that time would definitely erase. This layout captures one of those memories. 

These photos were taken when I was homeschooling Caleb and he was in third grade. This layout shows Caleb stealing my coffee while we were doing schoolwork. I had left the room just to grab something, and when I got back to the kitchen, Caleb was drinking my coffee! I loved the expressions on his face, and in the second picture with the way he raised his eyebrows, he reminded me so much of his father.

To anyone this layout would look like just a little kid with cute expressions. But most importantly, this layout documents a miracle! We were told that Caleb would only experience weakening muscles and wouldn't progress from where he was when he was two years old. Doctors said he would never write. Here he is doing his own writing on a worksheet and LIFTING A FULL MUG TO HIS MOUTH! That is the miracle. Caleb's muscles were holding their own, and getting stronger. 

You don't realize how much you take for granted until you're given a front row seat to someone battling a disease or disability. The little things that are mindless for you and I might be something to celebrate in others!

Scrapbooking Tips:
I challenged myself to make at least 50 layouts using my The Stamps of Life 6x6 paper pads, and their stamps & dies, and this is one of those layouts. I used their YAY collection pattern paper pad, Coffee Statement Set, coffee4two stamps and their Coffee Cup Dies. 

I created the embellishment and title by using the coffee4two stamp and then cut it out with the coordinating dies. I adhered it to my layout using foam adhesive to give it dimension. I then created the simple title using the Coffee Statement Set. I do admit I cut out a couple different color combinations until I settled on the white text and red background. 

Because I wanted to lay the title over my embellishment which was already dimensional, I added two layers of adhesive foam under the "ee" and just plain tape adhesive under the "c" . This way the title laid flat against the embellishment but still popped off the page.


The Stamps of Life carry so many great products that are versatile for both card making and scrapbooking! I am really enjoying incorporating their products into my scrapbooks. It's definitely stretching my creativity! You can check out The Stamps of Life coffee themed products here: TSOL Coffee Products

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...