Monday, April 13, 2020

Think Geek


This was a fun layout to make! I feel like I was able to capture so much of my boys' personality in this one photo. . . . 

It was summer vacation, and Zachary asked me to take him to Think Geek. If you have never been to this store let me describe it as a paradise to my video game, Star Wars, Marvel, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda loving sons! There are all sorts of figures, collectibles, T-shirts and oddities of every kind. Want of waffle maker of the Death Star from Star Wars? They have it! What about a dress suit covered in R2D2? This is your store! Or how about a larger than life statute of the Infinity Gauntlet from the Avengers movies? Yep - they have that too!

Both boys wanted to go, so I made a deal with them. They would have to go to the gym with me, and then we would go right from there to the mall. We got to the mall ten minutes before the stores opened. I suggested we wait in the car and listen to music. Nope, they wanted to get the store just incase it opened early. 

Think Geek is conveniently located right across from the food court and a comfortable sitting area. So I suggested we could sit down and we'd be able to see when the doors opened. Nope, they had to stand right at the doors. I sat down and snapped this photo. An older man was sitting there, chuckling at the boys and asked me what type of store that was that the boys were so excited to get in. After I explained it he just shook his head and laughed.

I decided right then that I was going to do a layout with this picture, even if the only reason is it makes me smile. I want to remember this little moment in time where the boys were so excited they couldn't wait to get into the store. If I hadn't taken this photo, I doubt I would even remember this day. Now that it is scrapbooked, I'll never forget their eagerness, my conversation with the old man who was also enjoying the boys, and just how much I enjoyed that morning with them.

Scrapbooking Tips:
This was an easy layout to put together because I scrap lifted myself! I had already used this layout twice before, based off a Scrapbook Generation sketch. 

                    

The simple background of four pattern paper squares is such a great way to showcase one photo, and I'll admit that this is one of my favorite "go to" layouts for a quick and easy page. One major difference is that I did not put a title on this layout. Because you can see "Think Geek" so plainly across the storefront, I let it do double duty as my photo's focus and the layout title. 



Because my boys are such video game lovers I had some cute pattern paper and controller embellishments in my stash. They fit the merchandise of Think Geek perfectly and that's what I wanted to emphasize. 

Close up of the journaling






No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...