Monday, February 9, 2015

Kisses for Mommy



 I love this scrapbook layout!! I don't get to "do" pink and frilly with two boys and an abundance of nephews, but when I saw these photos my Mom took, I knew this was going to be a girly looking page.

We were in Washington DC for Police Week and while waiting for our lunch to come, Zach decided he had to give me some kisses. It was so impromptu and so sweet!

I used a a sketch from Scrapbook Generation - my go to source for inspiration. Then I used papers, stickers and embellishments from all the same paper collection - Simple Stories' Vintage Bliss.


Scrapbooking Tips:
This is one of my go-to techniques - layering stickers. I placed the heart and small flower stickers where I wanted them. Then I placed an adhesive foam square on the back of the larger sticker. I then dusted the back of the sticker with baby powder to keep it from sticking. By only adhering it with a foam square I added some dimension. 


I mimicked the layered circle and sticker embellishments for my journaling spot. This time I adhered a flower sticker directly to the heart sticker, then "popped" it up. In keeping with the totally girly vibe, I used little hearts in place of the o's in the word "love".

Photo Close Up:

Zach told me he wanted to, "Kiss me like Daddy did." It warmed my heart that he remembers Dave being affectionate with me. Dave was such an amazing role model. I'm so sad that the boys won't be able to watch him as they grow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...