Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Bouquet for Mommy


This layout just makes me smile! My little Zach Attack picked some yellow weeds and was so proud to bring me this bouquet. I had to take his picture and I love this cheesy smile. It's so sweet and I made a whole layout around this one photo.


Title Treatment
I like mixing and matching different different sizes and sticker fonts. It adds some interest to the title, emphasizes important words, and it stretches my "stash". Another way I try to stretch my stash is to use shapes to replace letters, such as the heart for the "o" in Mommy. I've also been known to cut stickers apart and piece them together to create letters I may have already used. For example, I will cut a "d" down to be an "a", or cut apart a "x" to make apostrophes.


Photo Close Up
I love layering stickers. In this layout I created a border of daisy stickers to mimic Zach's bouquet. To make it "flow" with the layout I glued the photo down on one daisy and then adhered some of the flowers on top of the photo. The more I scrapbook, the more I realize that attention to little details really make a difference in the overall page design.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...