Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sea World Memories


Remember how I said that Dave was sick with the stomach bug the first night of the cruise? Well, the day we stopped at Port Canaveral, I woke up feeling extremely nauseous. We had already told the boys that we were going to Sea World, and I was just as excited as they were. Dave offered to take the boys by himself, but I didn't want to miss out Caleb and Zach having this adventure. I also knew if Dave took both boys by himself, it would be hard to get lots of  pictures . . . . and there would be a gap in the scrapbook. (I'm only partially kidding!)

So, this Mommy ate very little, took a hour long bus ride to Sea World, and then started walking the park. All day I fought the queasiness and tried to sip Diet Coke and eat a couple of bites of that nutritious theme park food every hour or so. We tried to hit every show that we could because I could just sit. 

I'm happy to report that I did not get any sicker, and I would not have missed this day for the world. Dave could have done it taking both boys, but I'm sure he was pretty happy I said I could manage going. Besides, I will never forget that day and there are pictures to prove that both Mommy and Daddy went to Sea World . . . even if the boys don't completely remember.

Journaling Close Up:


Scrapbooking Tip:

I used scraps of paper to create this colorful border, and the left over stickers from my Sea World sticker sheets - the ones that I typically don't use. They were sitting on a pile of scraps on my table and the color combination caught my eye. So I just glued everything down and layered the stickers. A cheap and easy way to decorate your layout!

Photo Close Ups:
Daddy and his boys - Memories in the Making

Caleb wanted to stand, so Daddy got him out of the stroller and he stood for the longest time just looking out at the water. Even when Caleb could stand, we couldn't just leave him - especially on pavement. So Daddy was right there, giving Caleb a soft spot to fall if he should need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...