Thursday, January 18, 2018

Vikings Fan



In the Cunniff home we've been faithful Vikings fans. That was Dave's team and the boys and I have continuted to root for them, even though we've taken some slack for it. Shortly after Dave died, his sergeant stopped by the house and saw me wearing Dave's Vikings sweatshirt. He teasingly said that Dave would tell me I had suffered enough and could take off the sweatshirt!

After their win last Sunday, we're proud to have been unwavering Minnesota Viking fans - and I've got multiple scrapbook layouts to prove it! These photos were taken in 2012. Dave had four Vikings hats that he rotated wearing. The boys knew they were Vikings hats and that they were Daddy's. But that did not stop Zach from stealing this particular colorful cap (hence the grin) and wearing it the same way he saw Daddy wear it.

When the boys went through Waveriders, our local Hospice's grief counseling program for children, they made up memory boxes. Both boys chose one of the four Vikings hat to put in their box and Zach picked this one. The sight of anything Viking related brings back happy memories of Sunday afternoons and Daddy watching football while cheering / yelling at the television. We'll always be Vikings fans.

Scrapbooking Tips:

Focus on the photos - I absolutely loved these pictures of Zach and did not want the layout to distract from his face, so the photos are the visual focus of the page,  and the page design was deliberately kept simple.

Raid your Scraps - I made this page usuing paper scraps I had. Every now and then I will challenge myself to make a layout just using scraps. I'm (almost) always pleased with the end result and I like the creative process of mixing and matching and making something eye catching out of piles headed for the waste basket. Try it sometime - you might surprise yourself!

I'd love to see any layouts you make from scraps - please post a picture in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...