Friday, January 25, 2019

Hanging at the Pool


This is a layout from our Baking Memories 4 Kids trip. The boys absolutely LOVED the pool at Give Kids the World Village. It was completely accessible. It had beach access which meant that you could roll a beach wheelchair (which they provided!) right into the water. Caleb could get into the water without being transferred onto a lift! Whenever we weren't at Disney or Lego Land the boys wanted to be in the pool!

I put this layout together using my favorite inspiration, a Scrapbook Generation sketch. I picked out my color scheme using the cut out characters in the 5x7 photo. It was actually Alyssia's idea to use the blue polka dot paper to mimic the bathing suits and the blue beach ball Zach was playing with in the top left corner. 

The large yellow strip on the left page gave me a perfect spot for my 5x7 photo. I love when I can use multiple size photos on a layout. Which takes me to a great scrapbooking tip I learned from Allison Davis of Scrapbook Generation . . . 

Scrapbooking Tip:



If you have photos you can crop down, consider making them into "polaroid" pictures. This is so easy to do, and a great way to use up scraps of white paper, of which I always seem to have an abundance!

To download or purchase Scrapbook Generation sketches visit www.scrapbookgeneration.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...