Monday, January 21, 2019

Happy New Year!




This layout captures memories of the boys and I on New Year's Eve 2015. It was just the three of us and we would not be staying up until midnight. We watched some movies and as I put them to bed, we toasted the new year. I had bought some sparkling white grape juice, thinking it would be a special treat and neither boy liked it. I tried to take a picture - just one picture - and silliness ensued! What I ended up with was a whole bunch of cute pictures of silly faces.

Because most of the pictures were selfies, I couldn't really crop them down, so I picked my favorite prints and laid them out on my cardstock. That did not leave much room to work with, but I had a Simple Stories' New Year's mini collection which provided the perfect paper and embellishments. I love this layout, not because it is a particularly spectacular scrapbooking creation, but because it reminds me of  a very fun night with two precious little boys.

Scrapbooking Tips:

Do you ever have pictures lay in your "to scrap" stash for years because you want just the perfect paper, layout, embellishment, or stickers? Those are the pictures you should pull out right now to scrapbook! These pictures, although not perfect or even pretty, were very sentimental and I love the results of my simple layout. Don't let Pinterest or idea books  keep you from getting your pictures in your albums. And always remember, less is more!



Also, don't be afraid of placing stickers directly on your photos! I attached stickers with foam adhesive and placed others directly on the pictures. It can really change up the look of your layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...