Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Love You

June 2007

Today would have been Dave's and my 19th wedding anniversary. I look back on wedding pictures and can't believe how young we were when we got married! But I wouldn't have had it any other way. We had fourteen beautiful years together, and I don't regret a single day with him. We were very happy together and so much in love. I hope when I see again in Heaven he will be proud of how the boys and I continued to live, laugh and love. We carry his love and legacy with us, even when we blended our family with Jim and his girls. He may not be here physically but he is always in our hearts.

This photo captures memories of a fun day! We were both in my brother's wedding and their photographer, who had also photographed our wedding, took this picture of the three of us.

Jess shared this photo with me after Dave passed away. I love our smiles, but Caleb, who was four months old, had no interest in looking at the camera - he was too busy watching all the dancing going on in the next room!

Scrapbooking Tip:

I wanted a layout to focus on just this picture, and I took the color from the bridesmaid dress as a starting point for my color palette. I had just gotten some patterned paper from The Stamps of Life and loved how it complemented the turquoise in the pictures. I took various sizes of circle punches and created a pile of circles. 

I then drew a heart on the page and starting pasting circles onto the page to fill in the shape. It took some trial and error to get the look I wanted, but I was very happy with the result.

What I probably would have done differently is ink the edges of the circles. I typically ink any paper I adhere to my layout, but I'll be honest, the pile of circles I needed for this layout was a little intimidating, and I didn't want to take the time. If I ever do this type of layout again, I'll definitely take the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...