Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Leaves!


Nothing is better than jumping into a big pile of leaves! We were at Nana's & Papa's and we were headed home. As we were walking towards the van, Zach made a beeline for the leaves. Caleb was looking longingly at the pile and I knew that it was more important to capture the moment. When Caleb asked to go in the leaves, I plunked him down in the pile.

Being able to jump into a pile of leaves was something I took for granted until I had a child with a disability. Little everyday moments are not possible for Caleb unless someone makes it happen for him. I'm so glad I took the time to let the boys play rather than rush to the next thing on my to-do list.

Scrapbooking Tips:




I made this layout based on a sketch from Scrapbook Generation. I discovered Scrapbook Generation through Allison Davis. Allison was featured many times in Creating Keepsakes Magazine and I was always drawn to her bright, clean layouts. 

When I was at a Creating Keepsake Convention, I was sitting next to a woman who introduced me to Allison Davis' blog and the store Allison, her mother, sister and aunt ran - Scrapbook Generation. I found that I could purchase sketch books and read her blog full of scrapbooking inspiration! I have learned so much from following her on Pinterest, Facebook and her blogs.

One technique I learned from her was to decorate your journaling block like I did here. By adding a strip of paper and a button, my journaling block becomes a page embellishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...