Friday, October 5, 2018

Pumpkin Carving 2009


Have I mentioned that I love the fall and all the activities it brings? Here is Pumpkin Carving 2009 where Logan and Zach were so little they had to be in high chairs! I had so much fun making this page. This layout is unusual because it is totally my design - I didn't scrap lift anything! I had a lot of photos I wanted to include so I trimmed the pictures and laid them out in a grid design. I had adorable pumpkin carving and jack o'lantern stickers from Jolee's Boutique that had been in my stash and I designed my layout around them. 

If I could change anything, I would hand write the journaling. Since Dave died, whenever I find a scrap of paper with his handwriting I save it. I now write out my journaling, even though I don't like my handwriting. 

Scrapbooking Tips:


Don't be afraid to cut through your photos! I laid out my photos in a way where the overlapped both pages. I make sure that I don't have any faces where I need to cut my photos. I adhered them down on one piece of cardstock and then carefully lined up the page on my paper trimmer and cut through the pictures. I carefully adhered the loose half of the photos on the other page, making sure to line them up. When the pages go in page protectors, the photos can be seamless.



I LOVED these stickers! They were absolutely perfect for this layout. I like the brand Jolee's Boutique even though they can be pricey. I wait until they go on sale at Hobby Lobby then get the stickers I've been eyeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...