Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Pumpkin Carving


Pumpkin carving has got to be one of my favorite fall activities! Before the boys started school we made this an annual event with their cousins, Logan and Chase . . . and we have the pictures to prove it.

Here is Pumpkin Carving 2010. We were at Nana and Papa's house so grandkids were allowed on the table - LOL. It was nice because my mom took pictures so I actually got to be in the photos this year. I wanted to include many pictures because the boys were too cute and having so much fun. 

Scrapbooking Tip:
I used a sketch from Scrapbook Generation to create these pages and they suggested using scraps of paper to create a border. I loved the look so much I used the same technique again on another layout of the boys! I didn't really change anything but the color scheme. I even kept the photo sizes the same, and the title and journaling are in the same place. 

This design is a great way to use up all those scraps in your paper stash! 


Since creating these layouts, I'm no longer intimidated by using the same inspiration for various pages in my scrapbooks. Most times I'll change up the embellishments, reverse the photo orientation, or keep it pretty much identical. If I scraplift myself and keep it similar I'll just try not to put both layouts in the same album.

Why reinvent the wheel when you have a look you like?

To check out Scrapbook Generation's multiple sketch books - my go to place for inspiration - visit their online store here: Scrapbook Generation

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...