Monday, October 8, 2018

Little Boys Love Tractors


The boys loved to sit on my parents riding lawn mower - even though it was perfectly still and made no noise. I loved the smiles and thought these photos deserved their own layout.

I had these beautiful sheets of pattern paper from SEI and used it as my background paper. In hindsight, I probably would have picked more youthful looking paper, but this was before I had really built up my "stash". 

Scrapbooking Tips:



I took my design inspiration from Becky Higgins. I really liked her clean look. She does not use many embellishments and I thought this paper was so busy it really didn't need much. I did use circle punches to add some circular elements to my pages - like I had seen on a Becky Higgins layout.



I even added the journaling in circle! Again, if I did this over, I would have hand wrote my journaling.


I like the look of photo corners, but sometimes adding them to every corner can make the photo seem "heavy". Here I added photo corners to the left side of the left photo and the right corners of the right photo. You still have some visual balance and it creates a photo group.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...