Tuesday, January 22, 2019

One Incredible Birthday Card



This was one of my favorite cards to make! My nephew Jude had asked for The Incredibles video game for his birthday and when I saw the logo on the case I knew that I wanted to make a matching card.


I started with a red card base and then pulled out my dies from The Stamps of Life. I cut two ovals of the same size out of black and orange cardstock.


I then took an oval die two sizes smaller and “nested” it in the orange oval. That gave me an orange oval outline.

(Note: The only oval dies I had were dotted oval dies which would have punched dots out along the border of the oval. No problem though - I traced the die and cut out the oval with scissors!)



I then cut the oval in half.




To mimic the look of the orange oval on the logo, I had to "thin it out". I  trimmed down the width by first tracing a line in pencil and then carefully cutting it down.



I adhered the orange oval pieces on top of my black oval as shown in the above picture.


I then took a scrap of yellow card stock and using my paper trimmer cut a rectangle to form the lower case "i". I cut one end of the rectangle at an angle. To do that I simply drew a line with a ruler. 

Then I die cut a yellow circle and a smaller white circle to dot my "i".




I then adhered the "i" to my black and orange oval. The yellow extended over the edge of the oval which I trimmed with a pair of scissors.

Then I adhered the oval to my red card base.


The finished card looked almost professional and it was a fun challenge to take a logo and design a card around it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...