Thursday, April 10, 2014

Happy Easter - 2008


This layout is from Easter 2008, the only time (in my lifetime) that Easter fell on my birthday, and I was 18 weeks pregnant with Zachary - so it was an extra special holiday! It was Caleb's second Easter, but his very first Easter basket. I don't know about Caleb, but I had so much fun filling plastic eggs with Teddy Grahams, and arranging the basket with little toys and a Bible story book. (I also had fun dressing up Caleb in his little sweater vest.)

One of the things that I absolutely loved about Dave was how much he enjoyed being a daddy. He got excited about the little things like showing Caleb his Easter basket. He opened up the eggs and would pretend to eat the Teddy Grahams. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do to get a smile and laugh out of Caleb - and Caleb had the best baby belly laughs!

The family picture on this layout is one of my favorites of Dave, Caleb & me. Dave set the timer on the camera then ran into the shot. I love how natural our smiles are. I look back and remember how simple our life was then. These pictures bring back such precious memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...