Monday, April 14, 2014

Thatcher Park


It was spring and we had cabin fever! I had spent December 23rd-February 6th on bed rest due to problems with my pregnancy with Zach. When I finally was allowed to get up, I still was pretty restricted. It wasn't until early April that most of the restrictions were lifted. The very next day it was one of the first beautiful Spring days. Dave packed a picnic lunch and we headed out to Thatcher Park. 

I remember when I first showed Dave this finished layout he said, "I just love that picture," referring to the picture of Caleb all alone in the swing. Caleb was entertained just watching his shadow. When we tried to get him on the slide he was too scared, so Daddy rode down it with him. It was just a great day - not a care in the world!

Scrapbooking Tip:
I did not want to crop these photos down too much, so the best way to fit them all on the layout was to butt them right up next to each other. A couple strips of pattern paper, a few stickers and a little journaling completed the pages - and in record time.

1 comment:

  1. Right side, top center? Yeah, it is a wonderful picture. I like the way that one picture goes over the edge on each page. I may have to scraplift this one.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...