Sunday, September 14, 2014

Helping Daddy



As I was looking through a stack of pages that needed to be put in albums, I found this layout. The now familiar grief washed over me taking my breath away. Something as simple as seeing Dave doing normal everyday things with the boys reminds me all over again of the memories that won't be made. But as quickly as the grief hit, it went away and I smiled as I remembered this day. . . 

Dave had trimmed a tree branch that was close to our house and Zach had to rush outside to be part of the noise. Once Dave was done he began to drag the branch to our "brush pile" on the far side of the yard and Zach just had to help! A precious memory of a little boy wanting to be like his Daddy. 


Scrapbooking Tip:
Because the pictures were busy I wanted to keep the papers and embellishments simple. One of my favorite brands of paper is Echo Park and their camping collection seemed to be the best fit. I especially loved the wood grain paper and both the brown and orange papers matched Zach's outfit - he was getting lost in all the green. A few leave stickers and a simple journaling sticker adhered with foam tape completed the look I was trying to achieve.


Photo Close Up:
This was one of my favorite photos on the layout - it captures Zach's little personality. He was starting to go the opposite direction and had to get turned around. He caught on quick though - and he stayed with Dave until the job was done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...