Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Jedi Training


The boys created some awesome memories when they participated in Jedi Training at Disney's Hollywood Studios! That was all they wanted to do when they found out that we would be going to Disney. To make this happen, I rushed the boys and Nana and Papa that morning to get to the park right when they opened, then ran / dragged them to the kiosk where we could sign them up. Once I got them into the 1:20 pm Jedi Training session, this Mommy relaxed!

At the appointed time, we came back and the boys put on Jedi robes with all the other Jedi's-in-training. When it was time, they paraded to the stage outside of the Star Tours ride while the Star Wars theme played in the background. I'm not embarrassed to admit I got goosebumps when I saw the boys so excited and happy.

I'm also not embarrassed to admit that on the way back to Give Kids the World Village, I cried. It had been 15 months since Dave had died, and grief still crept up on me at the worst times. The boys had just had the experience of a lifetime! They were 6 and 7 years old and had successfully battled Darth Vader, and I felt incredibly sad because their Daddy should have been cheering them on and he wasn't there. Thankfully, the boys were too happy, tired and sweaty that they did not see my tears. But my parents noticed and I know they were thinking the same thing I was. 

Scrapbooking Tip:

Here is the first Jedi Training layout in our vacation album. I took one of my favorite photos of each boys and adhered them to a specialty paper from Scrapyourtrip.com. The Jedi Knight Die Cut was all I needed to make this simple layout. 

In all honesty, I was planning on adding more to this page. I started off with white photo mats under each photo, but they didn't look "right". I also tried various other die cuts, but I felt like it made the page look too cluttered. One rule of thumb I follow while scrapbooking is, "When it doubt, leave it off." More times than not, I'm happier with the finished layout when I went simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...