Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Dark Side




I know I may be biased, but I thought my little Jedi's were adorable. Between the photos from the professional Disney photographers, and the pictures I took, I had over a hundred of them battling Darth Vader. I had a hard time narrowing them down to just eight prints for each boy!

I'll be honest. I love my boys, but I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. While I want to preserve these awesome memories, I'm running dry on Star Wars Inspiration when it comes to creating scrapbook layouts. So my solution to speed up the scrapbooking process but not sacrifice creativity was to  "scraplift" myself. I took one design and made two layouts.

I used a sketch from Scrapbook Generation that would allow me to use full size 4X6 and 6x4 photos. I normally follow these sketches completely, but in this case, I only referred to it for photo placement. I had a paper pad of Star Wars paper that had three sheets of each design. And this is where the creativity came in!

I cut the 12x12 sheet of paper in half. I adhered the now 6x12 pieces to the bottom of Caleb's layout. For the vertical photos, I trimmed them only slightly and put them on red photo mats (not to match Zach's clothes, but to match Darth Vader's lightsaber). I then adhered my photos as shown.

To create embellishments for these pages, I cut the various "dark side" phrases out of another piece of pattern paper from the same pad. I adhered those strips for the titles. Each boys' layout got different phrases. 

On Zach's layout, I created a mirror image, placing the pattern paper and vertical pictures on the top of the page. Even those these pages are basically identical, there are a few subtle differences. 

The photos are the most important element of these pages, so even though I took shortcuts, I'm completely satisfied with the finished product. They capture my boys living out the ultimate lightsaber battle, which I am sure they will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...