Friday, May 24, 2019

Catch a Wave


All around the pool at Give Kids the World Village there are photo opps set up. That's where we took these fun photos. Zach was really getting into posing but he kept climbing up on the wave and wouldn't stay on surfboard! 

Scrapbooking Tips:
Because I used so many full size photos, I kept my design as simple as a 1/2 inch border running above and below the photo block. I placed my title directly on top of the photos to draw your eye right to the pictures.

If you look at the layout, you'll notice that it looks like I did not leave enough space between "a" and "wave," but that was deliberate. When I carry a title across two pages I make a mental note to adjust for the space that will naturally occur when I put my layout in an album. If I had left a space between those two words it wouldn't have looked right once they were in the page protectors.

Once in the album, the title spacing looks normal.


After trying many styles and brands of albums, I decided to use  We R Memory Makers three ring albums for a couple of reasons. The biggest and best reason is the ease of putting layouts into your album - you can add pages without taking apart the whole album. Another reason I chose to use these particular albums is the wide variety of colors they come in. I choose a different color for each year's layouts and my shelves look like a rainbow of color! They are also durable, high quality albums - and the price is right if you wait for JoAnn's to run a 30% off sale and use a free shipping coupon! 

You can check out my favorite albums here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...