Monday, May 6, 2019

Zach & Mom


I typically do not like pictures of myself - I am my own worst critic, but this is one of my absolute favorite photos! I was laying on Caleb's bed talking to him and Zach came and jumped on my back. My mom was there and grabbed my phone and took this picture. I love that she was able to capture this cuddly moment.

I've learned that there is a last time for everything, and as the boys get bigger I know the day is quickly approaching where there will be no more cuddling. I love having pictures like this in my scrapbooks!

Scrapbooking Tips:

I challenged myself to use some of my card making supplies from The Stamps of Life to create scrapbook layouts. I used my favorite go to source for inspiration - a sketch from Scrapbook Generation - and then I gave it my own twist.

I loved the color pattern from the Friend pattern paper pad and picked the chevron paper as my starting point. The Stamps of Life only sells 6x6 pattern paper and 8.5x11 cardstock, so I had to get creative creating the larger banners. Once I had the widths I wanted, I cut my strips in half widthwise and then used the 6x4 photo to fill in the gap.




I die cut the hearts and created a visual triangle across the page. The page looked good, but I felt it was missing something. I dug through my stash of card kits and found these mirrored hearts and used them to add a little sparkle to the page.

I'm pleased with my results and love the memory this page brings back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...