Friday, May 10, 2019

I Love Zach Hugs



What is better than hugs from your child? We were at Hershey's Chocolate World in Hershey, PA, and poor Zach was getting tired. He wanted me to hold him and when I picked him up he curled right up and hugged me.

This is such a special memory. This was a little less than two years after Dave died. I decided to take the boys to Lancaster, PA to Sight and Sound Theater to see a show, and then to Chocolate World - something Dave and I had planned to do together. We had made this same trip in 2001, and I was having such a hard time, remembering being there with Dave and feeling guilty that I was the one getting to see the boys experience everything.

When Zach cuddled up for a hug, my heart melted. It was just what I needed.

Scrapbooking Tips:

I used two of my favorite techniques on this layout. I made my own embellishments and added some hand stitching.




Once again, I used pattern paper from The Stamps of Life and created hexagon embellishments to mimic the pattern paper I used for one banner. This technique is not hard, just a little more time consuming than adding a sticker. Although I love using stickers, sometimes I feel like doing a little extra on the pages that bring back really special memories.



I also took the time to hand stitch the heart in the title. I love the look of stitching on my pages and wish I had the time I could do it on every page, but I know that is just not practical. This was a quick simple heart that took less than 10 minutes from start to finish! I used a stencil and paper piercer to poke the holes in my page.

I chose to stitch the heart to mimic the design in the hexagons to tie everything together. I really try to give my pages a cohesive look and I thought the stitched heart would help pull everything together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...