Friday, May 3, 2019

Darth Vader


This page does not have cute or poignant memories of my little guys, but I wanted to capture the feeling of when Darth Vader first appeared during Jedi Training. It was ominous because the theatrics were awesome! The actors leading the kids, starting to act nervous and announce they felt a "disturbance in the force" and then the fog started as the Imperial March (aka Darth Vader's theme) began to blare over the sound system. The doors opened to reveal the Sith Lord there in the flesh. 

The actor was phenomenal. He circled the stage, glaring at the kids and then the audience, while flipping his cape out the way over her shoulder. All the while you heard the amplified breathing noises synonymous with this character.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that Zach stuck it out. I was afraid he'd be too intimidated to continue, but he was an incredibly brave Jedi.

Scrapbooking Tip:

I absolutely LOVE this page and the story behind it is pretty cool. I had purchased this paper and die cut from Scrap Your Trip, and I originally planned to put only one 5x7 photo of Darth Vader on the layout. The problem was that no matter how I positioned it, I was blocking a major design on the paper, and in all honesty, it just looked stupid! 

I was working on this layout at ta scrapbooking retreat, and I remember one of my friends teaching a class on using pattern paper. I asked Annette what I should do with this paper. Immediately she told me I should cut a square out of the paper around the buttons, mat that square on a piece of black cardstock and then mount it with dimensional adhesive back in place.  The result was amazing. Her technique gave the paper a life of its own!


I tossed the original 5x7 photo and found my three favorite pictures of Darth Vader that could be cropped down to 3x4. I adhered them in a row at the top of the paper and then adhered the die cut title with adhesive foam. 

Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite Star Wars layouts. I left my comfort zone and was totally open to suggestions and it really paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...