Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Facial Time


I am blessed in the fact that my husband loves taking photos just as much as I do! When I saw the selfie he took with Alyssia, I immediately began imagining the scrapbook layout I would make. I love that Jim joined in and wasn't afraid of looking silly and even took the selfie.

Although I love to scrapbook the big life events like birthdays, Christmas, school events, it's the everyday moments that fill my scrapbooks. Moments like this would be lost without the time and attention to take the photos, and then my obsession to scrapbook them.

Scrapbooking Tips:

I used a sketch from Scrapbook Generation as my inspiration, and then went through my scrap pile from cards I had recently made. I cut my scraps into strips and inked the edges in black ink. I followed the sketch pretty closely and lined the top of the page, and then created the design behind the photo.



My favorite element on the page is the hexagon embellishments I created using dies from The Stamps of Life. I took the inspiration from the pattern paper I used. I thought the flower design in the hexagons gave the page a more feminine look, and picked green, pink and blue to be the accent colors. I used these same colors in the banners at the top of the page to help keep cohesive look.



The overall page is bright and cheerful and I was really pleased with the final results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...