Sunday, May 19, 2019

Face Painting


This was a fun layout to put together! The boys loved having their faces painted so elaborately - Zach was Iron Man and Caleb had Angry Birds painted. They waited in a long line and then sat still for a long time. As soon as they were done they asked me to take a picture of them so they could see their faces. I love the big smiles!

Scrapbooking Tips:

I have challenged myself to use my card making supplies to create 50 layouts before the end of the year! I'm calling it "Scrapping My Stash". What prompted me to do this was the abundance of The Stamps of Life supplies piling up in my craft room. I love the bright colors and cute patterns that Stephanie Barnard designs and I wanted to incorporate it into my scrapbooks. The only issue was that my scrapbooks were 12x12 and the card making pattern paper was 6x6. So when I found a class by Allison Davis from Scrapbook Generation that focused on using 6x6 paper pads I knew what to do!

I created this layout using only 6x6 sheets of paper. I cut strips to create banners following one of  
the sketches. I cut photo mats out of The Stamps of Life cardstock that coordinate beautifully with the pattern paper left over from a card kit. I had left over embellishments from another card kit and the layout all came together! Creating this layout opened my eyes to all the awesome possibilities I had in my "stash" of card making supplies.

Click the link to check out one of Allison Davis' scrapbooking classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...