Sunday, February 9, 2014

Caleb's First Valentine's Day


Caleb's first Valentine's Day was also his first snowstorm. It snowed all day!! It was the first day since he came home from the hospital that no one was over at the house because the roads were so bad. Dave was constantly out plowing the driveway to "stay on top of it."

I took these pictures as we were trying to wake Caleb up for a feeding. He wanted nothing to do with food. Dave eventually gave up trying to wake him up and decided, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." He cuddled up with his little boy and dozed.

That was such a great day! Lots of kisses and cuddles, and a whole day to enjoy being a family.


Scrapbooking Tip:
I went through a phase where I didn't like my handwriting in my scrapbooks. I wanted everything to look "perfect". So what I would do was type my journaling, print it on vellum and then incorporate it into the layout. Eventually I realized I could get a lot more pages done if I wrote out my journaling. If a page has a formal subject matter I might still type my thoughts. The funny thing is that when people look through my albums I often hear, "What neat handwriting you have." Go figure!

Kisses for Caleb
I love this picture!



1 comment:

  1. The picture of daddy kissing his little man is just the most adorable picture!! Thank you for sharing this with us. What precious memories you have both created and that you are keeping going. How perfectly sweet!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...