Monday, February 10, 2014

My Guys


This is one of the rare layouts I got to make with pictures of me! All of these pictures were taken while we were on our Western Caribbean cruise. Me and my two guys sharing cuddles and kisses. 

I always pictured having daughters - I would envision tea parties, dressing up, and reading Anne of Green Gables aloud. When Dave and I found out we were having a boy, I was excited - I was thrilled to know Dave would have a son!! However, later that night Dave and I were in the car and he asked me, "Are you crying?" I was . . . the reason is so stupid. "I don't know what books to read to a little boy. . . . *sniff*" Dave actually laughed at me! Can you believe it? 

As it turns out, I didn't need to worry. I think I'm pretty good at being a mommy to boys. I've learned to play video games, build LEGOS, and have light saber battles. And as it turned out, I didn't need to worry about what books to read . . . Caleb asks me to read him The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Although they are no Anne of Green Gables, I'm happy to be reading classic literature to my first grader! 

Yup, I've adapted to being the only girl in the house. Especially because Dave treated me like a queen. The only time I ever heard him raise his voice at the boys was when they mouthed off at me. Although I've adapted, I'm intimidated at the prospect of being a single parent to my boys. Dave was such a phenomenal daddy, and I'm sad my boys won't have him as a role model as they grow up . . . fortunately I have lots of pictures and stories! 

Scrapbooking Tip:
I "scraplifted" the design of this layout from a Creating Keepsakes magazine. I wanted the pages to take center stage, and I was able to piece this together from paper scraps. Sometimes when I'm feeling especially creative, I'll take out my box of paper scraps and try to piece a layout together just using those. It's a fun challenge - and I'm not wasting anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...