Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Yook! Monster Books!"



This layout has a special place in my heart. Zach developed a real love of books this past year and I was thrilled! I loved books as a little kid . . . . and still do. I was so excited I could pass this on to my boys.

Where Zach does not take after Mommy is his love of all things monsters - I have a feeling he's going to be a sci-fi fan. When we stumbled onto  the Dinosaur Vs. series and Mercer Mayer's monster books, Zach went crazy! We took them out of the library so much that Dave and I ended up buying them for Zach for Christmas. When he opened the books, he went nuts. "Yook! Yook, Mommy! Monsters! Yook!" He then proceeded to hug Dave, "Thank you, Daddy."

Well one of the books in the series was back ordered and when it came in January, we went through the whole excitement all over again. Dave had to stop what he was doing to read There Are Monsters Everywhere right then. 

I love our reading times, and I love the fact that Daddy read lots of stories to the boys. He did all the funny voices and was extremely dramatic. He made reading so much fun.



Scrapbooking Tip:
I was in Hobby Lobby and saw these adorable alien stickers, which I thought would be perfect for these pictures. Some of them had astronaut gear which I was able to cut off to turn them into monsters. I also loved the bright colors So I bought the embellishments and designed this layout around the stickers. I hardly ever do this, but the stickers just called my name and it really worked for these pages.

Reading Time with Daddy




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...