Sunday, February 16, 2014

Caleb Loves Daddy



I found these pages today. They don't record anything momentous, just a playful moment between Caleb and his Daddy. There are two things in particular I love about this layout. I love seeing Caleb in Dave's Viking hat. Dave had just come in and plopped it down on Caleb's head. I also love Dave's expression when Caleb was giving him kisses. There is no denying the love Dave felt for his son.

These pictures were also taken during some of the hardest weeks Dave and I faced together. We had recently been to Shriner's Hospital and the doctors explained to us they thought Caleb had SMA. They had taken a blood test and the results would take approximately four weeks. We were waiting for the call . . . every time Dave's phone rang I held my breath. I can still remember that sickening feeling. Those days were awful, and I'm so glad we don't have to relive them!

Dave was just an awesome daddy. Having a child with SMA made the job a little harder, but Dave rose to the challenge and did a phenomenal job!

Scrapbooking Tip:
I didn't want to trim my pictures or the photo mats down anymore, so I place my title vertically on the right hand side of the page. I liked the overall effect. 

Close Ups:








2 comments:

  1. Love this page! You are very talented and have a great eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scrapbook page. So happy and so sad at the same time. I don't know how you find the strength to post these but I am glad you do.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...