Saturday, February 8, 2014

Like Father, Like Son


One comment I have heard throughout the years is, "Caleb looks just like his Daddy!" Even in the delivery room the nurse told Dave that Caleb looked just like him. It has been fun to watch other similarities emerge.

When I walked in to find Dave and Caleb sleeping in the same position, I couldn't help running for the camera to take the bottom picture. Caleb often wanted to fall asleep with one of us with him, and more times then not, Dave would fall asleep first. 

Dave used to pick on me because I would envision a scrapbook layout around the picture I was taking. However, he didn't realize I took so many pictures of the two of them sleeping until I had pictures printed. In fact, he was pretty surprised to see the picture of the two of them sleeping so similarly. 

The funny thing about Dave is that he would tell me over and over again that he didn't "see it" when people told us Caleb looked like him. I would lay pictures of them side by side and he still didn't think they looked alike. 

I, for one, am glad Caleb is the spitting image of his Daddy. When I look in Caleb's eyes, I see Dave. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...