Saturday, January 4, 2014

Impromptu Jam Session


I found this layout today. It was buried in a stack of layouts that need to go into albums. I cried. Here is Dave, jamming with Zach. It all started out with Zach playing the toy drum set my aunt had given Caleb. Dave immediately pulled a chair up close and began playing along. He let Zach take the lead and set the tempo. He coached Zach when to hit the cymbal. Given Zach’s attention span this impromptu jam session lasted only a couple of minutes. I’m so glad I have these pictures, or I would have forgotten this precious encounter.

Dave loved sharing his love of music with his boys. Music was in his blood – he couldn't help it. The guitar called to him. I would tease him and call it his mistress. When he played he was lost in his own world. I loved to watch him. We spent a lot of time together – he playing the guitar while I scrapbooked. This is just one of the many things I am going to miss.


1 comment:

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...