Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stingray City


Without a doubt, this was one of the highlights of our Western Caribbean Cruise. It certainly was the highlight for Caleb. Daddy and Caleb had no fear when it came to the getting near or kissing the stingrays. I was a little more cautious, and Zach had just woken up from a nap so he was a little dazed and confused, and he didn't know what to make of the big gray things.

This is just one of the many layouts to remind me Dave liked adventures. He wanted his boys to swim with the stingrays and I know it made an impression on Caleb. Before we headed back to the ship we bought Caleb a tiny stuffed stingray. That night he had to sleep with it, and before he even opened his eyes the next morning he was mumbling, "I want to swim with the stingrays." Dave loved that! 

Dave was never afraid to try new things. I know that was one of the reasons he liked cruising so much. So many new ports of call, adventures, sights and sounds - not to mention all the new foods he tried! He also liked to "wing it". We didn't make too many plans before boarding a cruise ship. Once on board Dave liked to talk to people we'd meet and find out if they had ever been to the ports where we were headed. He'd ask them what they had seen, what they would recommend, and then in his own way, Dave would figure out if the activities were accessible for Caleb. Dave loved life - and always was looking for family friendly adventures!


Scrapbooking Tip:
I wanted to use so many full size photos so I had to keep the layout simple. I decided on punching a border along the top and bottom of the pages and then adhered shiny blue paper behind the punches rather then have white show through.


Close Ups:

Daddy & Zach (10 months old)

Caleb remembers this well - we were supposed to be saying, "Cheese," and just at the perfect moment the stingray spit water and it landed on Caleb!

Stingray Kisses


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...