Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Three Amigos


Another layout from our Western Caribbean cruise . . . . pictures from Cozumel, Mexico! When we docked there was a long pier, but way off in the distance we could clearly see The Three Amigos Cantina. That was our first stop.

When Dave and I were dating, I suggested we watch the movie The Three Amigos. I had already seen it, and thought he might enjoy it because he liked Steve Martin. Dave loved it!! I can not count how many times we watched it together, but it was enough for both of us to quote it. Lines from The Three Amigos would creep into conversations, and when would try to make me laugh, he would sing, "My Little Buttercup" and mimic the dance Steve Martin and Martin Short performed in the movie.

My boys still have not seen this movie (and I don't plan on showing it to them for a LONG time) but I HAD to take the picture of the three of them. Nana & Papa held up the boys on either side of Dave so I could the perfect shot of my three amigos. 


We made some great memories in Cozumel, but this is one of my favorite.


Scrapbooking Tip:
I used two of my favorite techniques on this page. I tore dotted paper for the base of this border strip. I like the texture torn paper can give to a layout. Then when I added the ribbon I tied a knot. Sometimes I think a bow looks too "girly" for my "manly" pages. A simple knot lets me use ribbon without it being too feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...