Monday, August 27, 2018

Cards from the Sea - Part II


I absolutely loved the shells2stamp set and coordinating dies from The Stamps of Life, and I had to show some of the creations I came up with . . .



The mermaid2stamp set and dies are too adorable not to use with the shell pattern paper and so I came up with this little lady birthday card. (It always so much fun to add glitter and rhinestones to pink paper!)


For this card I used a supply I don’t typically use – Sizzix transfer paper. You place transfer paper (which is more like a film) between your die and paper and run it through a die cutting machine and instead of cutting it imprints the design. How cool is that?! 

I like the natural look of the tan and white and had a lot of fun putting this card together – and you can never go wrong making a flip-it card. (If you don’t know what a flip-it is, you have to check out The Stamps of Life videos!) 


And last but not least, I played with my markers and water pen again to create these water color shells. I love the soft feminine look of this card. I didn’t set off to make a soft card, but the end result was perfect!


If you enjoy stamping you really need to check out The Stamps of Life! There products are reasonably priced and of exceptional quality. I also have had the opportunity to meet the designer / owner Stephanie Barnard and have been so impressed with her. Her products are so fun, easy to use and look great on scrapbook layouts or cards! You can learn more at thestampsoflife.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...