Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Girl Time



Have I mentioned before I love having step daughters so I can FINALLY scrapbook some girly layouts? This layout was one of the first I made of just Alexis, and Alyssia and me when we were getting pedicures. I had taken a picture of the two of them and Alexis told me to do a selfie so I could be in the picture too. My heart melted a little when I realized that they wanted a picture of the three of us. So here it is . . . our first "spa experience" recorded for posterity!

Scrapbooking Tips:

I loved the background paper with the bold vibrant hues, which just happened to be some of the girls' favorite colors so I wanted to make that the focal point. A simple title and flowers to embellish and draw the eye around the photos completed the look. Sometimes even moving the title to the right margin of the page can be enough to change the look. I thought the page looked a little too "heavy" with the title on the left.

I have to remind myself that while I like to journal to remember the small details, not every layout needs an explanation. If I don’t journal, I like to at least date the back of the layout so I know which album to put it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...