Thursday, August 23, 2018

Happy Birthday, Zachary!


Today my precious Zach Attack turns 10! My baby is officially double digits! So in honor of him, I'm sharing a couple layouts from his 9th birthday. I don't think anyone can call themselves a scrapbooker and not capture their kids' birthday in one, two, three or more layouts! If one of the kids' birthdays falls on a weekday, they will get to open a present from us and they get to pick where we go out to dinner that night. Then on the following weekend we invite family and maybe a friend or two to celebrate. It extends the festive mood a little and that means I not only have the party pictures, but pictures from their actual birthday. Do I scrapbook them all? Yes, I do. Am I crazy? Yes, I am. 

Once again, I used a sketch from Scrapbook Generations to make this layout. I find a sketch helps me incorporate many pictures but not sacrifice on any of the design details. I picked bold colors to keep it bright and cheerful. Simple Stories Let's Party collection was a perfect fit. Sticking with a single paper collection helps me scrap faster by having everything I need in one place. 

Journaling Close Up:


Scrapbooking Tip:
I love the look of banners, but I'll be honest, I can't quite get them to turn out right. When I saw these banner stickers I immediately knew I wanted to use them as my page title. I attached them to the layout with foam adhesive to lift them off the page, and instead of placing them side-by-side I "stacked" them to keep them centered on the banner strips below them.




This is a quick layout of Zach's birthday dinner at the Chinese Buffet. Does he like Chinese food? No, not really, but you can get chicken nuggets (sweet & sour chicken without the sauce) AND red jello cut into squares! An added bonus in Zach's estimation - you can get your own food without having to wait for them to take your order. . . .

I used paper scraps from the previous layout and added a few epoxy dots to embellish the page. Sweet and simple, but birthday dinner documented!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...