Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Medieval Times




These pages capture a fun memory from our Baking Memories for Kids Florida vacation. While we were staying at Give Kids the World Village we had a list of local attractions that would give us a complimentary experience, and Medieval Times was on the list. We had to drive past the huge castle (complete with draw bridge!) on our way to Disney and the boys, especially Zach, were mesmerized, so we signed up to dine there on our last night in Florida.

It was an amazing experience! My aunt and grandparents were able to join us for dinner which made the evening even more special. We were seated and not given  utensils, to keep it authentic to Medieval times. Then we were put in the Red Knight's section and instructed to cheer for the Red Knight. Well, Zach did not like the color red, and insisted on rooting for the Green Knight, because green is his favorite color. This did not sit well with his rule following older brother, who continued to cheer for red.  Wouldn't you know, the Green Knight won!

When our waitress saw the Give Kids the World Village tag that Caleb was wearing, she brought us downstairs after the show to meet some of the knights - and the ones available to meet and greet were the Blue and Green Knights.

I will admit, I didn't watch too much of the show because I was too busy watching the boys just soak it all in! They cheered and hollered and booed along with the crowd. They laughed and smiled and enjoyed every minute of it, and I enjoyed them.

Scrapbooking Tips
I did not design every layout I used for my Medieval Times layouts. I subscribe to Scrapbook Generation's Boy Crazy kit club one month they used Echo Park's Once Upon a Time Prince Collection which was a perfect match for these photos! So I purchased the paper collection to make additional layouts. This is one of my favorite paper collection because it fits with Zach's personality perfectly and I've been able to use it many times.

Layout designed by Allison Davis for Scrapbook Generation Boy Crazy Kit Club

                
                 Following Allison Davis' instructions, I
                  attached the dragon stickers with foam adhesive.

                      
                             I like the combination of the small photos with 4x6 photos.

I loved Zach's expressions and enthusiasm and Caleb's quiet study of everything.
My boys are polar opposites and these photos reflect that.

The boys meeting their favorite knights!
For this layout, I took scraps of paper left over from the other layouts, over lapped them and tacked them down. I used 4x6 and 6x4 photos so no cropping was involved and added a large sticker with dimensional adhesive to embellish the page. No title, no journaling and I absolutely love this layout!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...