Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fun & Funky Flamingo Note Card




Hello!
I have been busy playing with all my Stamps of Life Card Kits! When I feel creatively challenged I take a break from scrapbooking and love making cards. It's easier to experiment with new techniques, colors, and patterns when working on a smaller scale. I also love pulling out stamps and inks that I haven't used in a while.

That was the case with this card. I had the flamingos2stamp and dies that were collecting dust. I die cut the palm trees and used a flamingo I had previously stamped and cut. I also had an ocean colored A2 size card base that had been sitting in my stash. When I was trying to arrange them my card front, I couldn't get the placement "just right". 

I pulled out the border dies I had just ordered and used them to die cut the front panel of my card. I adhered the palm trees on the "inside" of the card, letting them hang off the base a little, and then used a pop dot to adhere the flamingo on the front to add dimension. I stamped "Sending Sunny Smiles" and added some epoxy dots - and my card was finished. I loved the simplicity and the 5 minutes it took to put this together. Not a masterpiece, but a fun way to send a note to a friend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...