Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Alexis & Yukon





Alexis had a very special friend – Yukon. When Jim and the girls came into our life, Yukon was old, and while we didn’t get to spend much time with him, the incredible relationship between Alexis and Yukon was undeniable. Yukon passed away in December of 2016, and that was hard to watch Jim and the girls grieve for their friend.

I spent a lot of time on these layouts because I wanted them to be special for Alexis. When God brought us together, she was a senior in high school and left for college right before Jim and I got married. I think we have a phenomenal relationship and I’m very blessed to call her my daughter, but I know I don’t get to spend as time with her as I do Alyssia. I wanted to make sure I’ve added some special layouts to make sure she knows how much she is loved!

When I saw these pictures of Yukon and Alexis I knew I wanted to document their friendship. I had purchased Doodlebug’s Puppy Love collection for just this purpose and set out to make some layouts.



Dog Days Scrapbooking Tips:
On Dog Days I let the sticker be my title. I adhered it with foam adhesive to give it dimension and placed over the picture I wanted to be the focal point of the page to draw your eye there.

I cut circles out of paper scraps using my Sizzix Big Shot and dotted circle dies from The Stamps of Life. I let the circles overlap the ends of the page.

The hearts were the most time-consuming part of this layout. There was only a handful of heart stickers on the sheet included in the paper pack, but there was a sheet of patterned paper that was just hearts, so I took scraps from that design and hand cut each heart. I really wanted to emphasize the love between Alexis and Yukon so that’s why I took the time to add a heart to each circle versus paw prints, bones, etc.



Me & You
I wanted this photo to get its own page. I also felt the colorful word stickers from the paper collection better expressed the emotion in the photo than any journaling I could add. To give this layout some extra special attention, I did hand stitch around the 8x8 square that anchors the focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...