Saturday, August 18, 2018

Cards from the Sea


I’ve had some fun with the mermaid and shell stamps from my all time favorite stamping company - The Stamps of Life! I’ve been wanting to play with these stamps for a while but I had to make these cards in stages.

I’ve been taking online classes from Stephanie Barnard and The Stamps of Life, and I finally learned how to use water pens to get a watercolor look on my cards. Following Stephanie’s instructions, I stamped my images with her black archival ink, and then using water based markers went to work filling in the color. I’ll be honest - this was a new skill for me and one that did not come naturally! There was a lot of trial and error. I’m still on the learning curve but was pleased with how these images came out (especially the jelly fish). 

After I colored the images the paper had to dry before I could add them to my cards - but it was worth the extra time. I can’t wait to experiment with water colored images in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...