Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Football!


Lately as I go back through my scrapbook albums, I'm so grateful I took pictures of the little everyday things. I wouldn't have remembered this day without these pictures. . . . 

Dave was a devoted Minnesota Vikings fan, and he took a lot of abuse for his loyalty. He wore the team colors proudly. For Christmas one year I bought Dave a jersey and a child size t-shirt. 

The Vikings were one game away from the Super Bowl. Just one game!! After church, Dave told Caleb he had a surprise for him. They went upstairs and came down dressed alike and ready to watch the game.

It was the little things like this that made Dave a fun Daddy. Caleb didn't care about football at almost 3 years old, but he liked that just Daddy and him were doing something special. He played with his Thomas trains while Dave watched the game. It was time well spent.

Scrapbooking Tip:
I only had two pictures for this layout, so I wanted a simple page. At first I tried to do half the page purple and the other half gold, but it didn't look right - so I did two-thirds purple and one-third gold and it made all the difference. I covered the seam with football ribbon I found in a bargain bin at Wal-Mart. It's a simple page but holds priceless memories and lots of team spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...