Sunday, March 9, 2014

Family


This layout is the last page of my Western Caribbean Cruise album. We were still adjusting to news that Caleb had Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Those were hard days, but taking this break from therapy appointments, doctor appointments, and reality helped prove to us that there were going to be good days ahead.

I find myself going through the same range of emotions, but on a larger and deeper scale. When we learned Caleb's prognosis we struggled adjusting to what our life would look like. The day to day activities had to change, our goals and dreams had to change, and we had grieve. Since Dave's death, I struggle every day - make that every minute. My life no longer looks like what we had pictured. My day to day activities changed - and it's hard to even dream of a life without Dave.

In all honestly, it's the boys that keep me going, and make me even want to move forward, but it's still painful. I have no choice but to go forward - for them. I need to remind them that even though life will never be the same, there will be good days ahead. Dave would want that . . . .

Close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...