Monday, March 31, 2014

Caleb's Fedora


When Caleb first started getting into video games, Dave went looking for a challenging, yet age appropriate game for a five year old. The twenty-something salesman at Best Buy sheepishly told Dave that he really liked playing the LEGO games and that Indiana Jones was one of his favorites. Dave and I are Indy fans, so he bought the game for Caleb . . . . 

Soon our five year old was enthralled with Indiana Jones, to the point where Dave ordered him Indiana's trademark hate - a fedora. Caleb loved it so much he wore it to bed all last summer. It was such a big hit, that Zach needed his own fedora. I have (no exaggeration!) at least a hundred pictures of Caleb wearing this hat, so I felt it deserved its own layout.

Journaling:

Photo Tip:

One of the best take aways from all the scrapbooking magazines I've read, is to zoom in on important detail photos. Caleb fell asleep holding his LEGO Indian Jones, and I didn't want to ever forget this phase. It called for a closeup photo.

Scrapbooking Tip:

I followed a sketch to make this layout and I was debating whether or not to include this banner and stitching detail. I'm so glad I did. It only took a couple of minutes, and I love how it turned out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...