Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mommy, We're Playing Popcorny!


It was almost 8pm on a Sunday night. Dave had just finished working his 60 hour work week. I was going crazy having just spent the past three days with the boys. I made them Zach's favorite snack, popcorn, and stuck in a movie. Daddy came home just a few minutes later.

I followed him into the bedroom while he changed and told me about his interesting workday. I was starved for some adult interaction. I was also exhausted and flopped on the bed while we talked. After a few minutes Dave headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. I heard him yell, "What happened?!" I ran to see what was going on and this is what we found.

Caleb, our little talker, jumped right in . . . "Mommy, we're playing popcorny! We made up a game. I even made up the rules. [Caleb's a stickler for rules!] I dump some popcorn and then Zach has to take it where I tell him . . . . " And that's all I remember. However, I'll never forget how proud Caleb was. He did not have his wheel chair yet, so we know Zach was the one to make the mess, yet here was Caleb taking the responsibility. He honestly did not see the problem and thought we would be just as excited about this new game.

It took Dave and I a LONG time to clean up after popcorny, and we very kindly, but firmly, told Caleb not to play popcorny again, AND to check with us before making up any more games.

Scrapbooking Tip:


I looked for popcorn stickers but couldn't find any that were big enough for what I was envisioning. I had some yellow striped paper scraps and cut out bumpy shapes. Then to give a more "popcorn like" texture, I crumpled each piece before adhering it to my layout.

Close Up:
Popcorny - all over our brand new carpet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...