Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Bopple Picking


This layout captures Caleb’s second trip to the apple orchard. He was 20 months old and we had just found out that something was medically wrong with him, but we were months away from a diagnosis. Even though our hearts were heavy we kept on with tradition – after all it would be Zach’s first trip to the orchard.

"Peek-a-Boo, Mommy!"


Photo Tip:
Caleb thought it was so funny when Dave would lift him up to pick an apple and he would see me through the leaves. Dave would say, "Peek a Boo" and Caleb would belly laugh. I got the camera ready and when Dave lifted him up, I snapped this picture between the branches. As you take pictures ask yourself is there a new and funny way you could frame or pose your picture? You might just love the results!



Scrapbooking Tips:
Other than the adorable photos, there are two things I particularly love about this layout. The first is the apple tree. I hand drew a tree trunk and cut it out and adhered it to my page. I used a scalloped circle punch and created leaves. To make my apples I used red apples threaded with green embroidery floss. 

The second element I love from this page is the title “Bopple Picking”. Bopple was how Caleb said apple. I'll often use these words in my titles and journaling as a way to remember all the cute little things the boys said.

This was a fun page to put together. It held fun memories and I really enjoyed trying to figure out how to make the perfect apple tree!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...