Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Meeting Minnie Mouse




In addition to meeting Mickey and Goofy, the boys met Minnie Mouse. It was cute to watch because while Mickey and Goofy hi-fived the boys and patted their shoulders, Minnie gave lots of hugs and kisses. They weren't quite sure what to make of it. Zach eyeballed me as if to say, "This giant mouse is kissing me - do something!"

Scrapbooking Tips:
Like the Mickey and Goofy pages, I stretched myself to make my own embellishments. I used similar busy pattern paper from Scrap Your Trip and I added more photos to this page, so I had to be creative and minimal adding anything else. While I love pages where I can include many photos, it’s always a juggling act making sure you leave enough white space on the page for your eye to rest.

Unlike the Mickey and Goofy layouts, I couldn’t use the Minnie Mouse stickers I had because they simply overpowered the page. I need something physically smaller. I had felt Mickey heads that I had purchased probably four years earlier. But they were  Mickey not Minnie. So I took ribbon scraps and painstakingly tied three tiny bows and adhered them with mini Glue Dots to turn them into little Minnie’s.


To Journal or Not to Journal?

I find with most Disney pages I can get away without having to add journaling. The layouts are in the vacation albums so I know the date, and unless something exceptional or cute happened, like getting an autographed Darth Vader lightsaber, I tend to leave off any journaling. It greatly spends up the process when I’m trying to get albums done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...