Friday, September 7, 2018

Honor Roll


In keeping with the back to school theme this week, I decided to show this layout I did of Alyssia making 3rd Quarter Honor Roll.

When I do certain photos such as Christmas, Birthdays, Back to School, I tend to do a whole bunch all together while all those themed supplies are out. It was no different with this layout. I actually got the idea from the "Making the Grade" sticker I saw when I was doing another layout. I thought of these pictures and knew I wanted to make up this page.

I'm never sure how to use the pennant stickers shown here, but after flipping through some Scrapbook Generation sketches, I got the idea to have them go to the right of the photos, in a stacked and overlapping fashion. I'm pleased with the way it turned out!


Photo Close Up:


There are two things that I want to point out about this photo. First, when I saw that you could clearly read the certificate Alyssia was so proudly holding, I realized that I really did not have to add any additional journaling. The certificate is self explanatory. 

Secondly, I realized that as a scrapbooker this was an epic fail as far as taking the photo. Alyssia and her friend posed against the wall, but it didn't even occur to me to have her move over a few inches to avoid getting the padlock in the shot! It's such a beautiful picture of Alyssia and that lock being there really bugs me. Now I know I could have photo shopped it, but at the rate I take pictures I don't spend too much time to cropping and editing - my goal is to just get my pictures ordered so I have them ready when I get time to scrap. And the weird thing is, the lock didn't start bothering me until I noticed it after the layout was done and I took a minute to look at the finished product. It was like my eye went right to it! But, now I know. I learned from my mistakes and hopefully you'll learn from me and not make that mistake at all. And it still doesn't take away from Alyssia's beautiful smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...