Monday, September 3, 2018

Zach's First Day of Kindergarten




Here is a layout of Zach on his very first day of school! I went back to work teaching the same day and I deeply regret that I missed being there, but am so glad that Daddy was there and Zach has that memory.  The boys and I had spent the night before school at my mom's house. I had to leave for work before Dave would get home from working the night shift. So he got Zach ready and took all the photos. When I saw the picture he took as he was walking back to the car, my heart broke a little at Zachary’s face! My baby looked so sad, but then I reminded myself this was a normal rite of passage for every child and mommy.

I love making school related layouts! From a crafting perspective, there are so many cute school related papers and embellishments that are so much fun to use, but more importantly, I think school related photos and layouts show the kids how much importance I place on their education.

Scrapbooking Tips:
I love layering stickers! I used Doodlebug Back to School paper pack and used the stickers from that collection. I adhered the stars directly onto my photos, but put foam adhesive on the back of the apple sticker. In the bottom photo I added foam adhesive to only the milk sticker.




This is the photo that broke my heart!

 Photography Tip:
I love that Dave liked to take pictures of what might seem like insignificant things - but here he zoomed in on Zach's lunch box and I love it! Otherwise I would have forgotten he had a LEGO Chima lunch box and backpack. He went through a phase where he loved this cartoon and LEGO characters. I had to include it on this layout because just looking at the picture made me smile and that is a sure sign that the photo needs to be included!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...